Reinbold Engineering Group is a national Mechanical Engineering firm with offices located in Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton and Kelowna. Our company specializes in the design of HVAC and plumbing systems in commercial, healthcare, institutional, residential and mixed-use high-rise sectors. Currently, we are seeking a Branch Manager/Senior Mechanical Engineer for our Vancouver office as we are expanding and growing.
Our Company offers progressive career opportunities and a relaxed work environment on a variety of exciting and challenging projects. We are team oriented and offer competitive salaries and an attractive benefits plan. The benefits include:
- Annual company contribution to an RRSP Plan
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan: Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Dental and Extended Health coverage
- A Health Spending Account for uninsured medical expenses
- Financial reimbursement of the cost of relevant educational courses successfully completed
- A fitness allocation
- Flex days for sick leave and personal leave
- Continuous training program
- 37.5 hour work weeks
Job Description - Senior Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Develop new business opportunities.
- Maintain and grow current business and client relationships.
- Work with existing staff to develop their skills and hire and develop new employees as required to meet the planned growth of the office.
- Prepare proposal/fee letters, negotiate fees and contracts with Owners and obtain signed contracts from clients.
- Coordinate and manage Mechanical engineering projects of various sizes and complexity.
- Ensure the projects are managed successfully in terms of design and staff and that they are completed on schedule and on budget to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Work with clients to provide the best and most appropriate design solutions for their projects.
- Analyze client design proposals and specifications to determine cost effective solutions.
- Provide guidance to clients, technical staff and sub consultants to ensure projects are technically sound and competed successfully.
- Ensure professional high quality services in all facets of work.
- Provide quality and cost control during the design and construction process.
- Strive to accomplish company goal of high quality workmanship by continual improvement of designs and standards.
- Lead the project team to ensure technical accuracy of project deliverables.
- Provide mentoring to technical staff, assigning duties as required.
- Oversee the development of staff skills and assist in the training and teaching of new engineers and technicians.
- Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation and other factors necessary for success.
- Prepare and review specification and concept reports.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering - P.Eng. Registered in Province of British Columbia.
- P.E. Registered in the United States is an asset.
- 10+ or more years of relevant experience in HVAC and Building Systems
- LEED Certification will be considered an asset
- Detailed understanding of project proposal writing
- Experience in AutoCad, REVIT & Trace 700 would be an asset
- Strong Project Management experience
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with ability to deal effectively with clients and other personnel
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills
- Entrepreneurial skills that will continue the growth of our Vancouver office
- Proven management skills of a group of engineers and designers (10 or more) at a Division or Project Management level.