Reinbold Engineering Group is a national mechanical engineering firm with offices located in Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton and Kelowna. Our company specializes in the design of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems in commercial, healthcare, institutional, residential and mixed-use high-rise projects. Currently, we are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our Toronto office as we are expanding and growing. The office is in the heart of Downtown Toronto, steps away from the subway and a short walk from Union Station. Our Company offers progressive career opportunities, a relaxed work environment and a variety of exciting and challenging projects.
Job Description - Senior Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Develop new business opportunities.
- Maintain and grow current business and client relationships.
- Coordinate and manage mechanical engineering projects of various sizes and complexity.
- Ensure the projects are managed successfully in terms of design and staff and that they are completed on schedule and on budget to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Work with clients to provide the best and most appropriate design solutions for their projects.
- Analyze client design proposals and specifications to determine cost effective solutions.
- Provide guidance to clients, technical staff and sub consultants to ensure projects are technically sound and competed successfully.
- Ensure professional quality services in all facets of work.
- Provide quality and cost control during the design and construction process.
- Strive to accomplish company goal of quality workmanship by improving quality of designs and setting standards.
- Lead the project team to ensure technical accuracy of project deliverables.
- Provide mentoring to technical staff, assigning duties as required.
- Oversees the development of staff competence and assist in the training and teaching of new technicians and engineers.
- Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, documentation and other factors necessary for success.
- Prepare and review specification and concept reports.
- Maintain project schedules and project cost summaries to track work progress, budge status and manpower resource utilization.
- Identify and address the need for additional services and fees to clients in a timely fashion
The ideal candidate would have:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering - P.Eng. registered in Province of Ontario.
- 6+ or more years of relevant experience in HVAC and Building Systems
- Residential multi-family project experience
- LEED Certification is an asset
- Detailed understanding of project proposal writing
- Experience in AutoCad, REVIT & Trace 700 would be an asset
- Strong Project Management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to deal effectively with clients and other personnel
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills
We are team oriented and offer competitive salaries and an attractive benefits plan. The benefits include:
- Annual company contribution to an RRSP Plan
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan: Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Dental and Extended Health coverage
- A Health Spending Account for uninsured medical expenses
- Financial reimbursement of the cost of relevant educational courses successfully completed
- A fitness allocation
- Flex days for sick leave and personal leave
- Continuous training program
- 37.5 work week